👨👩👧👧 Who we are
- Unblock is a circle of Utah families dedicated to serving humanity on a global scale.
- We look outside Utah’s borders to transform lives around the world.
🛠 What we do
- Learn: Each year, with the help of experts, we learn about a global problem, the people and cultures it impacts and solutions to address it.
- Fund: As a group we set a funding goal to enable the most promising solutions to our chosen problem to be implemented at scale. We work toward that goal, teaching our children how to align their resources with their values.
- Travel: Once we reach our funding goal, we take our families to visit the communities we helped support, engaging in firsthand learning and cultural experiences.
- Connect: Throughout the year we host social events and educational experiences to bring our families together.
💙 Our values
- Think big: We aim to serve humanity at scale, solving pressing global problems and transforming lives around the world.
- Act globally: All human lives are of equal value. We look beyond Utah's borders to help those that are hardest to reach.
- Bring your family: We involve our families in our giving and service, strengthening our relationships and empowering our children to become change agents.
- Experience joy: We seek to build energizing, connective, joyful giving experiences together.
- We welcome new members by invitation. Group members must have a desire to serve humanity on a global scale and the capacity to make substantial charitable gifts.
- Existing group members may nominate friends to join the circle. Before joining, friends are invited to a 15-min call with a steering committee member. The call is a chance for the prospective member to learn more about the circle and ensure it’s a good fit for everyone.
🗓 Calendar of Events
- November 2023: Kick-off gathering (Adult members only)
- Get to know other group members
- Talk about our vision and determine our area of focus for 2024
- March 2024: Culture Night (Families invited)
- Experience the food and culture of our 2024 travel-giving destination
- Enjoy interactive learning activities related to culture, giving and service.
- August 2024:
- Travel with families to visit the communities our funding has supported
- Participate in cultural, culinary and outdoor adventure experiences